The Struggle of Cultivating New Habits.

Happy Monday!

So...I've come to the realization that its much easier to perpetuate bad habits than cultivate good ones...something we all know but I guess the first step to "recovery" is admittance...right?

Yesterday I did some closet cleaning -- which is usually 4-10 purged pieces..never a whole closet makeover; mainly because I tend to clear things out throughout the year. Since i've gone down to a size 6 now (WOW), all the 10's and 12's I have can go to better homes. I have items i've never worn -- WITH TAGS...is this another problem I need admittance for too? haha...

Quick updates.


*I'm getting a puppy. A boston terrier and his name will be DOMINO. (yes ALL CAPS..and that insignificantly relevant PERIOD at the end :)) -- i'm planning now how i'll be able to pick him up..check out his puppy profile here.

*I changed my telephone number -- after 10 years & it feels miraculous. I've gotten a few questions concerning the reason for the change but I boil it all down to "I want to see God make moves in my life so I have to make my own moves to see that happen.." Some "bought" it..some were skeptical. Me, I can care less what they think. Use the new number or not....lol

*I have a newfound excitement for waiting on God's promises..I think it all boils down to a combination of a few bible verses -- I'll explain more in tomorrow's post but I did want to leave you with a few nuggets.
  1. II Corinthians 4:8-9 --- We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted but not forsaken; struck down but not destroyed.
  2. Psalms 121 --- I will lift up mine eyes to the hills--from whence comes my help? My help comes from The Lord, who made heaven & earth. He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is your keeper; The Lord is your shade at your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preseve your soul. The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in from this time forth and even forevermore.
  1. Romans 8:18 --- For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
God is working on me. But the best part about the growth is I can see the changes.

Ciao for now. xxx.







0 comments:

 

Twitter Feed.

ME.

"If they only knew....the girl with the tattoo..."

GOD'S CHILD. jewelry designer. | #teamHOUSEOFMIMI. accountant. DevaSTatingly made. closet fashionista.
voted: BEST PERSONALITY in HS. i suck at texting back.